Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
What Have You Been Playing Lately?September 10th 2024, 9:52 pmRyanNerdyGamerYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)September 9th 2024, 8:52 pmKokorOtakuComment On The Avatar of The Person Above YouSeptember 6th 2024, 2:54 amRyanNerdyGamerWhat was the last game you beat?September 6th 2024, 2:53 amRyanNerdyGamerSwitch 2 before TGS?September 5th 2024, 9:17 pmKeAfan7
KingreX32
KingreX32
Admin
Written by: Jessica Conditt

Sony patented Wii U-esque controller, has pics to prove it Sony-patent-app-1-e1328198638346

Sony may have been caught in the same handheld wavelengths as Nintendo in 2010. A patent uncovered by Games Beat shows Sony considering a handheld, touchscreen device that would function similarly to Nintendo's Wii U. Titled the "Position-dependent gaming, 3-D controller, and handheld as a remote," the device would track its own location as "input to a video game" and render "an avatar on a mobile device such that it appears to overlay a competing user in the real world."

Sony's Vita can share saves and transfer data with the PS3, and even has the capability to be used as a controller for compatible PS3 games, meaning this patent could simply be a tale of what might have been. Inspect some more images of Sony's device below.

Sony patented Wii U-esque controller, has pics to prove it Sony-patent-app-5-e1328198833287

Sony patented Wii U-esque controller, has pics to prove it SonyU_610

Source

Wow Sony Just Wow. Youve sunk to a Whole new level. And I thought the PSMove was bad. Your just terrible. At this point Im hopign the WiiU crashes and Burns so you do too.

Thoughts?

http://kingrex32.webs.com/

Sony patented Wii U-esque controller, has pics to prove it Captaincanucksigcopy
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Marioman18
Is it just me or is Nintendo the only game company that even attempts to innovate while Sony and Microsoft just steal other peoples ideas? Sony patented Wii U-esque controller, has pics to prove it 1625187496
KingreX32
microsoft isnt as bad as sony. Although they copy miis with the xbox avatars thing. Sony is just disgusting. First ps move now this
Aqua Cherry Blossom
February 4th 2012, 9:56 pmAqua Cherry Blossom
Jack Tretton needs to be arrested for corporate espionage lol. Twisted Evil
Jnes5
Hey guys, did you know that a lot of people accuse Nintendo for stealing this idea because this patent that Sony put out was filed in July 13 2010, and Nintendo's patent was filed in February 2, 2011 ?

But according to someone's comment, on page 20 on the pdf file of Nintendo's pantent you will see that Nintendo applied for this patent on February 3rd 2010 while Sony's application for their patent was July 13 2010, and it looks like it's true !

This is a PDF file, meaning that it won't work on the Wii's internet browser, so sorry guys ! Sad
Nintendo's patent (see page 20)

Marth
Eh, I think it could just be a coincidence. The Move (or what would become it anyway) patents existed before the Wii was even released, if I recall correctly.
Staroceancrazy
Sony loves stealing Nintendos ideas Mad
KingreX32
LAWLZ!!!
Link_i_am
This post has been censored.
Link_i_am
Why was my post censored?
KingreX32
Ive no Idea dude. I didnt do it.
MetroidBlaster
MetroidBlaster
MetroidBlaster
I give up.
KingreX32
LOL what were you trying to say. Inbox me.
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)