Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Review: Super Mario Odyssey (Switch Retail)October 13th 2024, 10:54 amUmbrellaGirlLunaReview: RPG Maker With (Switch Retail)October 12th 2024, 9:31 pmUmbrellaGirlLunaReview: Megaton Musashi W: Wired (Switch Retail)October 12th 2024, 9:29 pmUmbrellaGirlLunaHow I’m feeling right now…October 7th 2024, 1:25 pmRyanNerdyGamerYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)October 7th 2024, 1:22 pmRyanNerdyGamer
Gamergy
Gamergy
Crash and burn

Review: Don't Crash (Wii U eShop) Dont-crash

In my review of “Shut the Box” I mentioned how it was the exact kind of game that you would expect to see on mobile. Well, Don’t Crash is another one to add to the list of “eShop games that are more like Mobile games”

Don’t Crash has a very simple concept; your car goes around an oval track with two lanes. Another car goes the opposite direction and you try not to crash, with the only input is press A to switch lanes. The other car will switch lanes so you have to keep an eye on both cars and switch accordingly so you don’t crash. There’s not that much depth to it, in fact there's no depth at all.

Unlike Shut the Box, Don’t Crash’s music isn’t horrible; however it suffers from another problem: it’s about a 15 second loop of some really simple music. It’s not terrible, but I really think more could’ve been added to the music as it plays few notes. I will say it sort of fits the game though.

Review: Don't Crash (Wii U eShop) Dont_crash_review_wii_u_eshop_4

The graphics are definitely better than Shut the Box, the track looks kind of smooth but that's it. There are certainly many, many other eShop games that look better than Don’t Crash. However as with any game I review, I don’t put much emphasis on the graphics.

Here’s the part that bugs me: I couldn’t get more than a few minutes of gameplay at a time without being ready to exit the game. When I sit down and power on my Wii U I want to play something that will last for a while and keep my attention. Don’t Crash does not do that for me, nor would I think most people.  Sure it might be fun for some for a few minutes, but I doubt it will hold anyone’s attention for long, and that’s a problem in my opinion.

Don’t Crash and other RCMADIAX games are going at the wrong market in gaming. These are the kinds of games that really should belong on mobile as a time-waster and not an eShop release. One of those games you play while waiting in line at the bank or waiting in the doctor’s office, not one that you’ll want to pull out your gamepad, wait for your Wii U to load up and select the game.

Review: Don't Crash (Wii U eShop) Dont_crash_review_wii_u_eshop_3

It seems like some people on Miiverse are enjoying Don’t Crash and other RCMADIAX games, and good for them. However most people who take the time to read game reviews online probably want something more than a time waster, and Don’t Crash is just that: a time waster and not a very attention-grabbing, in-depth game. If that’s not your thing take a pass on Don’t Crash.

Main pros: decent music and ok track graphics, cheap

Main cons: music doesn’t reach its full potential, little depth, scenery looks bad, doesn’t hold your attention for more than a few minutes.

Score: 4.0
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

FM_Alchemist
July 27th 2015, 12:43 pmFM_Alchemist
Great review, a shame that the game wasn't very good.
Gamergy
July 27th 2015, 12:47 pmGamergy
@FM_Alchemist Yeah it wasn't good at all. I got all the info needed to review it from around 5 or 10 minutes of gameplay. Maybe if there were more than 2 lanes, better scenery, and the music was more than it is it would've gotten a better score.
KeAfan7
July 27th 2015, 12:48 pmKeAfan7
Thanks for the review @Gamergy! Wink
Anonymous
July 27th 2015, 1:41 pmGuest
Beautiful review @Gamergy! I love you
Mario fan of the 80s
July 27th 2015, 8:14 pmMario fan of the 80s
Kushina wrote:Beautiful review @Gamergy! I love you
You post the same comment for every review. Review: Don't Crash (Wii U eShop) 1625187496
I learned my lesson with this developer already. His first game was good, but short the rest have been mediocre at best.
LizofDoom
July 27th 2015, 8:35 pmLizofDoom
This sounds terrible so no thanks I'll pass.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)