Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Want to be a part of the friendliest community on the web? Join here! Already a member? Sign-in here!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Review: Super Mario Odyssey (Switch Retail)October 13th 2024, 10:54 amUmbrellaGirlLunaReview: RPG Maker With (Switch Retail)October 12th 2024, 9:31 pmUmbrellaGirlLunaReview: Megaton Musashi W: Wired (Switch Retail)October 12th 2024, 9:29 pmUmbrellaGirlLunaHow I’m feeling right now…October 7th 2024, 1:25 pmRyanNerdyGamerYour Most Recent Videogame Purchase(s)October 7th 2024, 1:22 pmRyanNerdyGamer
SkywardL
SkywardL
Admin
E3: New Super Mario Bros. U NewSuperMarioBrosU

New Super Mario Bros. U was reveal during the Nintendo press conference. Last year it was known as New Super Mario Bros. Mii which only introduce two new features which were be able to switch between the TV and Wii U GamePad and using your Mii with blue overalls. While the playable Miis have not yet confirm on the official new Mario game, it did confirm that we finally have a launch Mario title.

E3: New Super Mario Bros. U NSMBUScreen

Baby Yoshis have return with their own special ability base on their color. One confirming new power-up is the Flying Squirrel Suit, which is similar to the Cape item from Super Mario World. In addition, just like Super Mario World, feeding your Baby Yoshi (known as Tiny Yoshi from Nintendo) with enough enemies will evolve into a normal Yoshi to ride on. Unless if green Yoshi is the only color that does not have a baby form.

E3: New Super Mario Bros. U NewSuitNSMBU

Just like New Super Mario Bros. Wii, supports up to 4 players using the Wiimotes. In New Super Mario Bros. U, the games supports up to 5 players thanks to the addition of the Wii U GamePad. While playing multiplayer, the player with the Wii U GamePad is use to manipulate the playfield (known as Bash mode) by creating suit-coded platforms with the touch of the screen. Unfortunately, unlike Rayman Legends the player with the Wii U GamePad doesn't control a character and is mainly use to help their friends with speedruns.

E3: New Super Mario Bros. U NSMBUScreen2

The biggest new feature, which every Wii U game will be using in some form, is the Miiverse. See player's comments and their accomplishments from levels you have already beaten the first time, giving you a motivation to repeat a previous level in a more satisfying result that you could then comment on Miiverse.

E3: New Super Mario Bros. U NSMBUScreen3

Are you more interested in New Super Mario Bros. U or New Super Mario Bros. 2? Leave your welcoming thoughts at the comment section below.

Share this post on:reddit

Comments

Megatron2000
June 5th 2012, 4:00 pmMegatron2000
The level designs look amazing compared to previous New Super Mario Bros. games |D
DigiDestined
June 5th 2012, 4:53 pmDigiDestined
The game looks beautiful. Surprised
Bit-Trip
June 5th 2012, 6:55 pmBit-Trip
The game looks much better than New Super Mario Bros. Mii. E3: New Super Mario Bros. U 631737971
KeAfan7
June 6th 2012, 1:08 amKeAfan7
Nice choice for the pics in this article. Wink
This game seems to be quite different than the technical demo New Super Mario Bros. Mii that was shown during last years E3.
ZezHylia
June 6th 2012, 12:29 pmZezHylia
This and Pikmin 3 are the only 2 confirmed first party WiiU games that I have any interest in currently. D:
FuManchu
June 6th 2012, 12:37 pmFuManchu
This doesn't even look like a Super Mario game besides the characters based on what I have seen from the E3 trailer.
KingreX32
June 6th 2012, 12:39 pmKingreX32
DigiDestined wrote:The game looks beautiful. Surprised

I have to agree with you there. It really does. But Im still not gonna buy it.
Chickgoboom
June 6th 2012, 1:56 pmChickgoboom
You don't like platformers?
WarfmasterST
June 10th 2012, 12:04 amWarfmasterST
I don't like how you can create your own platforms to easily beat this game. Neutral
Sakura chan
June 10th 2012, 2:59 pmSakura chan
I think the New Super Mario games are so fun! I can hardly wait. Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
Our Users Have Posted 119.25K Messages And Comments
We Have 7.81K Registered Users
This Month's Active Users (1.25K)
This Month's Unique Visitors (105.5K)